Big picture The first ODI of the two-match series was another telling advertisement of what Ireland are capable of on a cricket field. The end result may have been a tie but Pakistan were biting their nails for the most part as Kevin O'Brien and Paul Stirling nearly pulled off a spectacular victory. With the second match becoming a virtual final, Ireland have a great chance to win the ...
Tonga scored four tries on Saturday to beat Japan 27-17 in the opening match of the Pacific Nations Cup at Nippatsu Mitsuzawa Stadium in Yokohama. Two early tries by Fetu'u Vainikolo and a kick by Fangatapu Apikotoa saw Tonga take a 12-0 lead. Takeshi Kizu ran in a try in the 20th minute to give the hosts some life but a try by Will Helu and a penalty and conversion by Apikotoa allowed ...
Michael Hussey will play his final Test against Sri Lanka next week and retire from international cricket at the end of the Australian summer, the veteran batsman said, citing a desire to spend more time with his family.The rugged 37-year-old, known affectionately ...
Opener Kieran Powell followed his hundred with a solid fifty as the West Indies reached 124-1 at tea on the fourth day of the first cricket Test against Bangladesh here today.The 22-year-old right-handed batsman was unbeaten on 56 and with him Darren Bravo was batting on 42 as the visitors now lead by 95 runs with a draw the most likely result on an unhelpful pitch for bowlers at Shere Bangla ...
In Nicholas Jareckis assured directorial debut Arbitrage, Richard Gere plays Robert Miller, a master of the universe whose universe is in danger of collapsing around him. A billionaire hedge-fund manager who appears to be leading the most charmed of liveswealth, privilege, public resp ... ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
New York-New York Hotel & Casino
Awe struck us on our arrival at this relatively new hotel and casino establishment at the top of the Strip. ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Philippine TimesPhilippine Times | Authoritative News Source for the Philippines
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Philippine Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Philippines news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Philippines news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local the Philippines news, the weather forecast for the Philippines you'll find it all in the Philippine Times.
From Davao and Cagayan to Manila, the Philippine Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has welcomed the release of four Filipino peacekeepers captured by Syrian rebels in the Golan Heights last week.
They had been detained May 7 in the vicinity of Al Jamlah in the area of limitation.
Appreciating the assistance of Qatar and of others involved in securing their safe release, the secretary-general emphasised to all parties the impartiality of UN peacekeepers in a statement.
"The secretary-general welcomes the release of the four United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) peacekeepers," reported Xinhua citing the UN chief in a statement. Sunday .
UNDOF, which is on the ground to monitor the Disengagement of Forces Agreement between Israel and Syria, has been in the Golan Heights since 1974.
It has about 1,000 troops and civilian staff, who are from countries such as India, Austria, the Philippines, Morocco and Moldova.
The four UN peacekeepers were seized by the rebels at an observation post on the ceasefire line between Syria and the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights last Tuesday.
It was second abduction of UN peacekeepers on the Golan Heights over the past two months. In March, 21 Filipino peacekeepers from UNDOF were abducted but later released.
- Andhra Pradesh to get third manufacturing zone
- Style shrinks Our experts analyse Lily Allens caped entrance to the Ivor Novello awards
- Agenda Pet Shop Boys Adam Driver The Shard festival fashion rising house prices
- How to get the look All white
- Jenna Lyons fashion queen of America | profile
- States With The Most Americans On Disability 247 Wall St.
- Fitch Rates Little Elm ISD TXs 2013 ULT Bldg Rfdg Bonds AAA PSFAA- Und. Outlook Stable
- Fed Concerns Contribute To Lackluster Session On Wall Street - U.S. Commentary
- France begins withdrawing from Mali
- NBAD Issues $465 Million Convertible Bonds
- Asian Markets Weekly Update Fed Fears and Weak Chinese Factory Data Fuel Sell-Off
- Kobe Steel mulls shutting blast furnace in western Japan -Nikkei
- China stocks plunge on US debt train crash
- Gold dips slightly ahead of 3-day holiday weekend
- Chinese premier slams EUs trade measures against Chinese products
- Pope Francis sparks controversy for suggesting atheists can go to heaven
- Pope Francis Condolence Telegram For the Death of Cardinal Lorenzo Antonetti
- Catholic priest scandal induces monsignor to resign post
- Survey on priests dislike of Missal may be inaccurate
- Newark Archdiocese official resigns amid probe of priest who defied ban on working with youth
- Lena Dunham slams X-rated parody of hit series Girls
- Fox News Punch Obama Voters In The Face
- Namibia Botswana connect to 5.12 terabit cable
- Court bans detention practices by Ariz. sheriff against Latinos
- Fox News Reaffirms Stance Against Obama
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Philippine Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Report UNESCO eyes Tubbataha as particularly sensitive area
- Filipino Communitys Family Day 2013
- Possible venues for PHL hosting of APEC 2015 under review stringent criteria set
- Filipino marines clash with al Qaeda-linked Abu Sayyaf
- Filipino WWII veterans used to cover up for senators’ inaction on family unification