The Vatican is responding to claims by an Italian television station that footage shows the Pope performing an exorcism. NBCNews.com's Dara Brown ...
Carlos and Kim Caudillo stand in the debris of their home after a powerful tornado ripped through the area on May 20, 2013 in Moore, Okla. Credit: Brett Deering/Getty ...
I am close to the families of all who died in the Oklahoma tornado, especially those who lost young children. Join me in praying for them.- Pope Francis ...
In the aftermath of the devastating tornado that struck Oklahoma yesterday, Pope Francis sent out a tweet expressing sympathy for the victims of the disaster. "I am close to the families of all who died in the Oklahoma tornado, especially those who lost young children. Join me in praying for them." At least 91 people are now known to have died, including 20 children, when the massive ...
Pakistan's economy has been paralysed by an unpayable and largely unjust debt burden that is preventing the country reaching its poverty goals and hindering the development of democracy, says a new report from Jubilee Debt Campaign and Islamic Relief. Unlocking the Chains of Debt criticises the IMF for the crippling conditions attached to its loans and calls for repayments to be frozen ...
Batman and Robin
How does the old adage go? Two's company, three's a crowd, and four is really pushing it? Such is the case with "Batman and Robin," proof positive that only a select few movie series can survive past a third installment without going stale. Director Joel Schumacher (who reinvented the series in 1995 with "Batman Forever") pours on the same tricks thicker and heavier than ever, but all to no avail. ... ...
Trustees of St Seraphim’s Orthodox Chapel, based in the former Walsingham Railway Station since 1967, are appealing for people's memories of the chapel and the old station, which was for years (1857 - 1964) the arrival point for many pilgrims at the shrine. As well as a centre of worship St Seraphim's was the place where Fr David (d 1993) and Leon Liddament (d 2010) worked on ...
A leading Coptic Catholic bishop has expressed hopes that a historic meeting between two popes may lead to the Coptic Orthodox Church recognising Catholic baptism. Bishop Kyrillos William of Assiut described the meeting between Catholic Pope Francis and Coptic Orthodox Pope Tawadros II earlier this month as a "watershed" in ecumenical relations – and expressed optimism that the ...
Tue May 21, 2013 9:34am EDT * Michelangelo finished Pieta statue in 1500 * Attack in May 1972 left more than 100 fragments * Restoration took 10 months, now behind bullet-proof glass By Philip Pullella VATICAN CITY, May 21 (Reuters) - Forty-one years ago, a crazed Hungarian named Laszlo Toth jumped an altar railing in St. Peter's Basilica and dealt 12 hammer blows to Michelangelo's ...
The pope laid his hands on the head of a young man after celebrating Mass. The man heaved deeply a half-dozen times, convulsed and shook, and then slumped in his wheelchair as Francis prayed over him.The television station of the Italian bishops' conference said it had surveyed exorcists, who agreed that Francis either performed an exorcism or a prayer to free the man from the devil.The ...
And for the 1.2 billion adherents to the faith worldwide, it is a decisive moment. The faithful are looking to a new pope to bring a time of healing - and better governance - to a church tarnished by scandal and deeply ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
One of four Sheraton Hotels in Waikiki, and one of three on the beach. Next Door is the Sheraton Royal ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Philippine TimesPhilippine Times | Authoritative News Source for the Philippines
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Philippine Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Philippines news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Philippines news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local the Philippines news, the weather forecast for the Philippines you'll find it all in the Philippine Times.
From Davao and Cagayan to Manila, the Philippine Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has welcomed the release of four Filipino peacekeepers captured by Syrian rebels in the Golan Heights last week.
They had been detained May 7 in the vicinity of Al Jamlah in the area of limitation.
Appreciating the assistance of Qatar and of others involved in securing their safe release, the secretary-general emphasised to all parties the impartiality of UN peacekeepers in a statement.
"The secretary-general welcomes the release of the four United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) peacekeepers," reported Xinhua citing the UN chief in a statement. Sunday .
UNDOF, which is on the ground to monitor the Disengagement of Forces Agreement between Israel and Syria, has been in the Golan Heights since 1974.
It has about 1,000 troops and civilian staff, who are from countries such as India, Austria, the Philippines, Morocco and Moldova.
The four UN peacekeepers were seized by the rebels at an observation post on the ceasefire line between Syria and the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights last Tuesday.
It was second abduction of UN peacekeepers on the Golan Heights over the past two months. In March, 21 Filipino peacekeepers from UNDOF were abducted but later released.
- Khloe Kardashians clothing line yanks t-shirt for violating copyright law
- Discarded kidneys could be recycled to produce replacement organs
- CANADA L Brands to move La Senza DC to Ohio
- US Dicks Sporting Goods Q1 profit rises 13.4
- El Salvador textile bodies back proposed minimum wage hike
- Transition to higher interest rates ‘could be very painful’ OSFI’s Julie Dickson
- Indexes edge higher on Wall Street in midday trading eyes on Federal Reserve moves
- ADHD co Alcobra to raise $25m on Nasdaq today
- Home Depot Main Streets Housing Recovery Helps Impress Wall Street
- European shares erase losses after Wall St open
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Asian markets end on mixed note
- Gold price closes higher in Hong Kong
- PRECIOUS-Gold down 1 pct on firm dollar ahead of Fed testimony
- Asian Stocks End Mixed Ahead Of Fed Statement
- Video Did Pope perform an exorcism Vatican responds
- Pope praying for children others struck by Oklahoma tornado
- Pope UKs queen lead world support for Oklahoma
- Pope calls for prayers for victims of Oklahoma tornado
- Campaigners call for Pakistan debt freeze
- Internet cable from Cuba to Jamaica comes online
- Ericsson shuts telecom cable manufacturing facility
- Royal Mail reveals profits boost - but Vince Cable says no alternative to privatisation
- Lower Inflation Sinks Cable
- Fox News Reporter James Rosen Caught Up In Federal Probe
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Philippine Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- PAGASA Rain over parts of Luzon not an early start of rainy season
- Gov’t urged to fend off Luzon’s looming power problems
- Filipino ultramarathon man Cesar Guarin is running the world
- Filipino Muslim rebels take tentative steps towards governance
- CHED allows more than 300 colleges universities to hike tuition