In Scottsdale, Ariz., there is a restaurant so far gone that even Gordon Ramsay’s shouting cannot save it. In fact, the owners of Amy’s Baking Company so terrified the man behind "Kitchen Nightmares" that he decided to quit working with them rather than endure them any longer. If you haven’t visited the nooks of the Internet where discussion of this has been bouncing ...
The Iraqi government has hurled the country to the brink of a new civil war. In under a month, Baghdad launched a vicious assault on a Sunni protest camp, resulting in 44 deaths; executed 21 alleged Sunni terrorists in one day, and suspended the licenses of 10 satellite channels, 9 of them deemed pro-Sunni. Prime Minister Nuri Kamal al-Maliki’s message to his country’s extremely ...
Listening to Theresa May’s statement to Parliament today, it seems the British government is leaving no stone unturned in its efforts to deport Abu Qatada to Jordan to face terrorism charges. A new treaty with Jordan aims to address the risk that Abu Qatada, who has already been convicted in his absence there, would be tried again using torture-tainted evidence. The main problem in Jordan, ...
This is how it is in today's Russia, one year since Vladimir Putin returned to the presidency. Over the last twelve months, the authorities have introduced a sweeping set of restrictive new laws. In addition to raids on nongovernmental groups, they are harassing, intimidating and imprisoning political activists. Government critics and even charities that can in no way be thought of as ...
How Iran Won the War on Drugs ," Amir Afkhami argues that the Iranian government has been successful in addressing the country’s drug problem by treating dependency and reducing the harm drugs cause, rather than by cracking down on supply. Afkhami further suggests that Iran is a model for the region, and that nearby countries such as Afghanistan have much to learn from its ...
Vacancy is a nastily effective, rough-edged gem of a horror-thriller. Like the sputtering neon sign evoked in its advertising campaign, you keep expecting that it will peter out, but somehow it stays burning right up until the unexpectedly abrupt, yet entirely appropriate ending ... ...
We know American politics are dysfunctional. But after a week of scandal obsession during which the nation's capital and the media virtually ignored the problems most voters care about -- jobs, incomes, growth, opportunity, education -- it's worth asking if there is something especially flawed about our democracy. Our circumstances certainly have their own particular disabilities: a ...
Here’s the White House view of the current trilogy of so-called scandals: Republicans are trying to destroy President Barack Obama’s second term by magnifying bureaucratic miscues and distorting policy realities. This isn’t without some merit. On none of these issues - the deadly debacle at the U.S. diplomatic outpost in Libya, the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of ...
Atalanic. Even if dying is a bit hyperbolic, ';At the very least, it's headed for dramatic shrinkage, save for a handful of places and circumstances, to be replaced by a very different set of institutional, governance, financing and education-delivery mechanisms.'; Finn breaks the truth about private schools with statisctics. ';Private K-12 enrollments are shrinking — ...
Three major scandals have surfaced over the past few weeks in Washington, escalating into a perfect storm that involves money, media and security. With the IRS targeting tea party tax-exempt groups, the Department of Justice seizing Associated Press records and the resurfacing of concerns about the handling of the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, many are wondering what the ...
All human progress is through the experience of these feelings. Wherever there is progress, one or more or all of the expressions of these feelings are present. In the realm of physical progress, we find only two of these experiences, and they are primarily physico-psychic. The experience of pleasure in the physical body means relaxation of nerves. Relaxed nerves emanate the peculiar mental ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Helmsley Park Lane, New York
The best feature of this hotel is its location, overlooking Central Park in the heart of Manhattan. The hotel also ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Philippine TimesPhilippine Times | Authoritative News Source for the Philippines
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Philippine Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Philippines news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Philippines news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local the Philippines news, the weather forecast for the Philippines you'll find it all in the Philippine Times.
From Davao and Cagayan to Manila, the Philippine Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has welcomed the release of four Filipino peacekeepers captured by Syrian rebels in the Golan Heights last week.
They had been detained May 7 in the vicinity of Al Jamlah in the area of limitation.
Appreciating the assistance of Qatar and of others involved in securing their safe release, the secretary-general emphasised to all parties the impartiality of UN peacekeepers in a statement.
"The secretary-general welcomes the release of the four United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) peacekeepers," reported Xinhua citing the UN chief in a statement. Sunday .
UNDOF, which is on the ground to monitor the Disengagement of Forces Agreement between Israel and Syria, has been in the Golan Heights since 1974.
It has about 1,000 troops and civilian staff, who are from countries such as India, Austria, the Philippines, Morocco and Moldova.
The four UN peacekeepers were seized by the rebels at an observation post on the ceasefire line between Syria and the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights last Tuesday.
It was second abduction of UN peacekeepers on the Golan Heights over the past two months. In March, 21 Filipino peacekeepers from UNDOF were abducted but later released.
- Colourful socks trending among fashion loving men
- E.Land and K-Swiss Inc. Announce Strategic Acquisition of OTZ Shoes Inc.
- How Is the Kardashians’ New Clothing Collection Not Called “Photoshop for Dorothy Perkins”
- Miami County manufacturer expanding hiring 20 workers
- US Waitt Company acquires Bobby Jones brand
- The close Wall St. near flat correction worry rises
- Acadia added to Nasdaq biotech index
- U.S. stocks finish lower after hitting early highs
- Auditor balks at public backing of I-4 bonds
- Several at White House knew of IRS probe Carney
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Majority of Asian stocks eke out gains
- PRECIOUS-Silver and gold lurch higher after an early dive
- Softbank planning 400 billion yen bond sale - Nikkei
- Dividends poised to hit record high
- Pope Francis courageous humble prayer can work wonders
- Mark Dowd reflects on the life and times of Sir Alex Ferguson
- Rosie Pope helps navigate exotic baby gear
- Booklet Pope Francis in his own words
- Church Admits Slowness in Case of Australian Pedophile Priests
- British economy in modest recovery central bank governor
- Becks bombarded with big-bucks TV and film deals
- ‘Ghost Army’ give new meaning to ‘art of war’
- From ‘Game of Thrones’ To ‘Scandal’ How Do You Find—And Discuss—Your New Favorite TV Shows
- Robin Roberts Gets Standing Ovation at Peabody Awards
- Remember when Fox News wasn’t ‘real news’
- Fox News reporter monitored by Justice Department
- Fall TV Networks woo viewers lost to cable online
- US government targeted Fox News reporter as co-conspirator in spying case
- Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen Report
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Philippine Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Taiwanese youth express support for Pinoys after reports of harassment
- Velardes party-list leads in Comelec count teachers group second
- Philippine high school senior has 41 names
- Saudi Arabia inks pact to protect Philippine maids
- Philippines Taiwan to cooperate in fisherman shooting investigation