MANILA, Philippines –This Saturdaymay be the first and last time Filipino fans of AllStar Weekend will see the trio perform their hits as a pop group before their transition into more mature sound. No they are not exactly parting ways, bassist Cameron Quiseng clarified in a recent interview with INQUIRER.net but their new album’s sound has veered away from the usual pop music they ...
MANILA, Philippines — They say third time’s the charm. And after performing for their Filipino fans in a two-night gig in December, Arizona-based pop rock band This Century of Sound of Fire fame is back for a third. The four-piece group’s guitarist Sean Silverman told INQUIRER.net in a recent interview that they were psyched to be back in a place they saw as an important fan ...
HOLLYWOOD, California - Almost two decades ago, Jesse and Celine, the characters played by Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy, met and fell in love in the movie "Before ...
Dan Brown has annoyed leaders of Manila in the Philippines with his hellish description of the city in his latest book, Inferno. Photograph: Jim ...
Manila , Francis Tolentino, wrote an open letter to the American author, saying that while Inferno is fiction, "we are greatly disappointed by your inaccurate portrayal of our beloved metropolis".Mr Tolentino objected to the "gates of hell" phrase and to Manila being defined by what he calls terrible descriptions of poverty and pollution. He said that the novel fails to ...
The Killer Inside Me
Of all the films based on the novels of postwar hard-boiled novelist Jim Thompson, whose body of work Meredith Brody described in Film Comment as the most disturbing and the most darkly sadistic of the tough-guy writers, Michael Winterbottoms The Killer Inside Me ...
The Philippines is determined to spend $1.8 billion on military upgrades -- mostly naval -- to protect the country against "bullies" in its territorial waters. Philippines ...
Philippine Commission on Elections (Comelec) chair Sixto Brillantes Jr. on Thursday rebutted the so-called "60-30-10" theory, saying he was willing to have all the ballot boxes in the country opened to show that there was no fraud. Brillantes said he was confident that the review by political parties and citizen watchdogs of the source code of the precinct count optical scan (PCOS) ...
Business confidence in the Philippines hit an all-time high in the second quarter, as the assignment of an investment grade to the Philippines prompted expectations that economic growth would remain robust and would continue to boost corporate earnings. The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP or centra bank) on Thursday reported that the business confidence index for the second quarter hit +54.9 ...
(MENAFN - ProactiveInvestors - Australia) Otto Energy (ASX: OEL) expects to spud the first of two Galoc Phase II in June with the mobilisation of the Ocean Patriot semi-submersible drilling rig to the Galoc oil field offshore Philippines.The rig is currently under tow from Singapore and is expected to arrive on site in early June. After it is anchored, it will proceed to spud the Galoc-5H and ...
MANILA, Philippines--Filipino farmers are starting to use the rice-growing method that has recently made India the world's top rice exporter. The system of rice intensification (SRI) method involves simple changes in farmers' practices such as transplanting younger seedlings singly and at wider distances and drying the fields intermittently, using nonchemical weeding methods and ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Le Meridien Dubai
I had taken a rental car from Abu Dhabi and driven up to Dubai, a trip of about 140 kilometres. ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Philippine TimesPhilippine Times | Authoritative News Source for the Philippines
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Philippine Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Philippines news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Philippines news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local the Philippines news, the weather forecast for the Philippines you'll find it all in the Philippine Times.
From Davao and Cagayan to Manila, the Philippine Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has welcomed the release of four Filipino peacekeepers captured by Syrian rebels in the Golan Heights last week.
They had been detained May 7 in the vicinity of Al Jamlah in the area of limitation.
Appreciating the assistance of Qatar and of others involved in securing their safe release, the secretary-general emphasised to all parties the impartiality of UN peacekeepers in a statement.
"The secretary-general welcomes the release of the four United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) peacekeepers," reported Xinhua citing the UN chief in a statement. Sunday .
UNDOF, which is on the ground to monitor the Disengagement of Forces Agreement between Israel and Syria, has been in the Golan Heights since 1974.
It has about 1,000 troops and civilian staff, who are from countries such as India, Austria, the Philippines, Morocco and Moldova.
The four UN peacekeepers were seized by the rebels at an observation post on the ceasefire line between Syria and the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights last Tuesday.
It was second abduction of UN peacekeepers on the Golan Heights over the past two months. In March, 21 Filipino peacekeepers from UNDOF were abducted but later released.
- Homeland Security bulletin warns 3-D printed gun plans may be impossible to access
- New light rocket Angara ready for launch
- Athleta apparel Sprecher Restaurant among new Bayshore businesses
- BANGLADESH Activists put compensation costs at EUR54m
- EUROPE Jeans imports down for first time in a decade
- Wall Street drops on uncertainty
- Meet The People Who Are Subverting Wall Street Reform
- The cost of this weeks tornados $2-5 billion
- Dallas-based trader charged with front-running
- Fitch to Confirm AAAF1+ Ratings on New York City GO Bonds 2006 Ser I Subser I-4 I-5 I-6
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Asian Stocks End Mixed Nikkei Rises After Turbulent Trading
- Chinas bank card transactions exceed 100 tln yuan
- Philippine bourse extends loss on US stimulus speculation
- PRECIOUS-Gold steadies near $1390oz set for best week in four
- Pope hopes Chinas Catholics can pray without fear
- Forced labour in shipping and fishing industries still an issue
- Pope Francis warns against becoming museum-piece Christians
- Reflection on thirtieth anniversary of US bishops’ letter on peace
- Blessed Be The Atheists The Pope and Obama Conspire To Put Non-Believers In Heaven
- IPL fixers should be banned government must act Sharad Yadav
- TV characters slammed for on-screen unhealthy lifestyles
- Janet Jackson becomes a billionaire
- European golf tour head apologises for using coloured term while referring to Woods-Garcia spat
- Katie Another Executive Producer Exits
- Parts of EPEG cable are active Delta Telecom CEO says
- 5 things to know before cutting cable
- GBPUSD EURGBP Flows Cable buyers thru 1.5100
- Fox News Host Urges Viewers To Physically Harm Obama Voters
- Planning your escape from cable Here’s what you’ll need to know
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Philippine Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Mixed messages on home deliveries in Philippines
- Winning bets with poll offenses not yet off the hook — Brillantes
- Comelec disqualifies with finality five party-list groups
- SC asked to stop Comelec from removing PCOS machines from polling precincts
- Palace to Pinoys Dont be swayed by gates of hell reference