(MENAFN - ProactiveInvestors - Australia) Otto Energy (ASX: OEL) expects to spud the first of two Galoc Phase II in June with the mobilisation of the Ocean Patriot semi-submersible drilling rig to the Galoc oil field offshore Philippines.The rig is currently under tow from Singapore and is expected to arrive on site in early June. After it is anchored, it will proceed to spud the Galoc-5H and ...
MANILA, Philippines--Filipino farmers are starting to use the rice-growing method that has recently made India the world's top rice exporter. The system of rice intensification (SRI) method involves simple changes in farmers' practices such as transplanting younger seedlings singly and at wider distances and drying the fields intermittently, using nonchemical weeding methods and ...
The site of a deadly standoff between followers of Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III and Malaysian forces earlier this year is now one of the areas where Sabah authorities are promoting turtle conservation to attract tourists. A report by Malaysia's state-run Bernama news agency said Sabah's Tourism, Culture and Environment Ministry is intensifying promotions on smaller tourism products. ...
Taiwanese fisherman Hung Shih-cheng’s boat, the Kuang Ta Hsing No. 28, is checked by Taiwanese officers after arriving at Liuqiu port in Pingtung County, southern Taiwan, Saturday, May 11, 2013. Taiwanese boat owner Steven Liao said the damage to the Guang Ta Hsin 28 costs around NT$8 million (P11 million). AP PHOTO TAIPEI--Filipinos in Pintung county, where the Taiwanese fisherman ...
Every morning, Alberto Lagarda Evangelista, 71, leaves the two-storey, lemon-yellow home he has lived in for the past decade and walks to work at the cemetery next door. As a caretaker of about 20 graves, Evangelista earns just 20,000 pesos (315) a year, a sum so small that he must share his house with seven other people - all of whom are dead.Evangelista lives and works in the Cementerio del ...
The Lady Vanishes [DVD]
In The Art of Alfred Hitchcock, his in-depth examination of each of Hitchcock's films, Donald Spoto notes that The Lady Vanishes is the one Hitchcock film that may be most fully enjoyed without analysis. This is not to say that the film cannot support analysis (in fa ... ...
"This is a hard day for me," said coach Guy Luzon after naming his final 23-man squad for this summer's UEFA European Under-21 Championship on home ...
Philippines has soared to an all-time high after the country was awarded investment grade credit ratings. The central bank said the overall confidence index rose 54.9 per cent from the first quarter's 41.5 per cent. "This is the highest reading since the start of the nationwide survey in the fourth quarter of 2006," said the central bank. The confidence index is the percentage ...
Supreme Court Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio has said that even if the Philippines wins in the arbitral dispute it has lodged against China on the West Philippine Sea, the decision would most likely go unenforced. In a speech he delivered before graduating law students of the Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, Carpio noted that under the United Nations Charter, a winning state in a ...
The domination of the administration Liberal Party-led coalition in the 2013 midterm senatorial election was a "personal" victory for President Benigno S.C. Aquino, a television report on Thursday ...
A former mayor in Pangasinan province and his co-accused were sentenced to 10-18 years imprisonment after they were found guilty of malversation of public funds by the Sandiganbayan First Division on Thursday.The case against Marius Ladio, former mayor of Layug town, and Virgilio Arquero, OIC municipal treasurer, stemmed from the unaccounted P787,700 government money that was illegally released ...
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Philippine TimesPhilippine Times | Authoritative News Source for the Philippines
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Philippine Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Philippines news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Philippines news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local the Philippines news, the weather forecast for the Philippines you'll find it all in the Philippine Times.
From Davao and Cagayan to Manila, the Philippine Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has welcomed the release of four Filipino peacekeepers captured by Syrian rebels in the Golan Heights last week.
They had been detained May 7 in the vicinity of Al Jamlah in the area of limitation.
Appreciating the assistance of Qatar and of others involved in securing their safe release, the secretary-general emphasised to all parties the impartiality of UN peacekeepers in a statement.
"The secretary-general welcomes the release of the four United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) peacekeepers," reported Xinhua citing the UN chief in a statement. Sunday .
UNDOF, which is on the ground to monitor the Disengagement of Forces Agreement between Israel and Syria, has been in the Golan Heights since 1974.
It has about 1,000 troops and civilian staff, who are from countries such as India, Austria, the Philippines, Morocco and Moldova.
The four UN peacekeepers were seized by the rebels at an observation post on the ceasefire line between Syria and the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights last Tuesday.
It was second abduction of UN peacekeepers on the Golan Heights over the past two months. In March, 21 Filipino peacekeepers from UNDOF were abducted but later released.
- New light rocket Angara ready for launch
- Food-inspired clothing like butcher briefs meat socks could soon be reality
- Ford to close manufacturing operations in Australia slash 1200 jobs
- Rosario Dawson suffers wardrobe malfunction by flashing undies at Cannes
- Chinas manufacturing slows HSBC
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- Google Faces New Antitrust Probe Report
- Stocks claw back from steep losses
- Sears swings to loss to explore options for unit
- Marvell earnings slide but beat Street targets
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- China central bank switches to liquidity injection
- UPDATE 2-Venezuela 2012 oil and fuel exports rise crude output slips
- World markets roiled by Nikkeis 7.3-percent dip
- Japan’s Nikkei Index Falls 7.3 for Several Reasons Europe and U.S. Indexes Dip after Japanese Nosedive JPMorgan Voters Keep CEO Dimon
- Raul Yzaguirres lasting impression of Dominicans
- Explanatory Note on the Meaning of Salvation in Francis Daily Homily of May 22
- US Bishops Official Calls for Scrutiny of Drones Policy
- Booklet Published to Foster Closeness With Church in China
- US Bishops Welcome Step Forward in Immigration Overhaul
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Fashion Police Protest Writers Chant Joan Rivers Can We Talk
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costsAmendedESPN EmployeeUpdate
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- John McCain Americans Are Being Ripped Off By Cable Companies
- Obama orders Justice Department review after Fox News AP phone records seized- DOJ invoked Espionage Act in calling Fox News reporter criminal co-conspirator
- 7-Eleven eyes opening store at Time Warner Cable Arena in October
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Philippine Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Otto Energy to drill Philippines oil development wells in June
- Filipino rice farmers urged to follow India
- Kiram standoff site in Sabah now offers turtle conservation to attract tourists
- Slain Taiwanese was ‘good to Filipino fishermen’
- Philippines cemetery provides Manilas poor a place to live among the dead