The Comelec has announced the proclamation, with one guaranteed seat, of 14 party-list groups for having garnered so far two percent of total votes cast.Commissioner Elias Yusoph made the announcement Friday morning.The 14 groups ...
Despite the cancellation of some chartered flights from Taiwan bound for the Philippines, Philippine tourism is not affected, the Philippine Tours Association (PHILTOA) said. In an interview with 24-Oras' Marisol Abdurahman Thursday, PHILTOA officer Cesar Cruz said that the Philippines' proximity to Taiwan and the affordability of vacation packages are the main reasons tourism is not ...
Philippine Commission on Elections (Comelec) chair Sixto Brillantes Jr. on Thursday rebutted the so-called "60-30-10" theory, saying he was willing to have all the ballot boxes in the country opened to show that there was no fraud. Brillantes said he was confident that the review by political parties and citizen watchdogs of the source code of the precinct count optical scan (PCOS) ...
Business confidence in the Philippines hit an all-time high in the second quarter, as the assignment of an investment grade to the Philippines prompted expectations that economic growth would remain robust and would continue to boost corporate earnings. The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP or centra bank) on Thursday reported that the business confidence index for the second quarter hit +54.9 ...
While a team from the National Bureau of Investigation awaits the go-signal to fly to Taiwan to look into the encounter that killed a Taiwanese fisherman last May 9, a new team of Taiwanese investigators is set to arrive in the Philippines anytime for its own probe. The arrival of the Taiwanese team is part of the parallel investigation into the encounter that occurred in disputed waters, radio ...
"The Faculty" makes both director Robert Rodriguez and writer Kevin Williamson look like one-trick ponies--hot Hollywood commodities who can't deliver the goods over the long-haul. "The Faculty" is basically a watered-down and disappointing version of what they do best: Williamson's ability to write believable teenage characters and subvert the horror genre, and Rodriguez's ability to choreograph ... ...
The rise in the number of thunderstorms in recent weeks indicates the rainy season is drawing closer, state weather forecasters said Friday. PAGASA forecaster Fernando Cada said Filipinos can expect more of these thunderstorms at the end of May and early June. "Lalo ngayon partapos ang buwan, maraming thunderstorms ang naitatala lalo sa western section ng ating bansa (As May is ending, we ...
MANILA, Philippines--In-flight Wi-Fi topped the list of most-wanted in-flight entertainment in new research conducted by leading global travel search site Skyscanner, with 52 percent of passengers prepared to pay to access the Internet at 30,000 feet. A total of 1,000 Filipino travelers were asked which in-flight add-ons they would pay extra for. While in-flight WiFi is in demand, less than 40 ...
(MENAFN - ProactiveInvestors - Australia) Otto Energy (ASX: OEL) expects to spud the first of two Galoc Phase II in June with the mobilisation of the Ocean Patriot semi-submersible drilling rig to the Galoc oil field offshore Philippines.The rig is currently under tow from Singapore and is expected to arrive on site in early June. After it is anchored, it will proceed to spud the Galoc-5H and ...
MANILA, Philippines--Filipino farmers are starting to use the rice-growing method that has recently made India the world's top rice exporter. The system of rice intensification (SRI) method involves simple changes in farmers' practices such as transplanting younger seedlings singly and at wider distances and drying the fields intermittently, using nonchemical weeding methods and ...
The site of a deadly standoff between followers of Sulu Sultan Jamalul Kiram III and Malaysian forces earlier this year is now one of the areas where Sabah authorities are promoting turtle conservation to attract tourists. A report by Malaysia's state-run Bernama news agency said Sabah's Tourism, Culture and Environment Ministry is intensifying promotions on smaller tourism products. ...
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Turtle Bay Resort
This 4 star resort is located on the top of Oahu on the North Shore, and is one of Hawaii's ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Philippine TimesPhilippine Times | Authoritative News Source for the Philippines
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Philippine Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Philippines news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Philippines news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local the Philippines news, the weather forecast for the Philippines you'll find it all in the Philippine Times.
From Davao and Cagayan to Manila, the Philippine Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has welcomed the release of four Filipino peacekeepers captured by Syrian rebels in the Golan Heights last week.
They had been detained May 7 in the vicinity of Al Jamlah in the area of limitation.
Appreciating the assistance of Qatar and of others involved in securing their safe release, the secretary-general emphasised to all parties the impartiality of UN peacekeepers in a statement.
"The secretary-general welcomes the release of the four United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) peacekeepers," reported Xinhua citing the UN chief in a statement. Sunday .
UNDOF, which is on the ground to monitor the Disengagement of Forces Agreement between Israel and Syria, has been in the Golan Heights since 1974.
It has about 1,000 troops and civilian staff, who are from countries such as India, Austria, the Philippines, Morocco and Moldova.
The four UN peacekeepers were seized by the rebels at an observation post on the ceasefire line between Syria and the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights last Tuesday.
It was second abduction of UN peacekeepers on the Golan Heights over the past two months. In March, 21 Filipino peacekeepers from UNDOF were abducted but later released.
- New light rocket Angara ready for launch
- Food-inspired clothing like butcher briefs meat socks could soon be reality
- Ford to close manufacturing operations in Australia slash 1200 jobs
- Rosario Dawson suffers wardrobe malfunction by flashing undies at Cannes
- Chinas manufacturing slows HSBC
- Chidambaram says U.S. Federal Reserves statement misunderstood calls for calm
- Google Facebook mull rival bids for Waze report
- Hong Kong stocks rebound Lenovo ICBC higher
- Market Wrap for Thursday May 23 Wall Street Shrugs Off Global Slump
- Nigeria ETF Gets Good News on Glum Day For Global Markets
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- China central bank switches to liquidity injection
- Hang Seng opens slightly higher
- Japan stocks rebound after slump Nikkei up 3.2
- ASIA MARKETS Japan Stocks Recover Modestly After Steep Sell-off
- Pope hopes Chinas Catholics can pray without fear
- Christian Brothers settle with sex abuse victims for $16.5M
- Video Catholic Church divided as to whether Pope performed a public exorcism
- US Bishops applaud passage of Immigration Reform Bill
- Real Love Character Test
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Brazilian girls bid to sell virginity now turns into reality TV series
- Steven Spielberg to executive produce Halo TV series
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- American Idol Finale Candice vs. Kree Debate Leads to Stabbing Incident
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costsAmendedESPN EmployeeUpdate
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- AG Holder personally authorized Fox News surveillance
- Ad Age Archives A.G. Lafley Talks Secret to PGs Success
- Bob McDonald Steps Down As PG CEO Replaced By A.G. Lafley
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Philippine Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Comelec proclaims top 14 winning party-list groups Friday
- PHL tourism not affected amid row with Taiwan
- Philippine poll body dismisses election fraud claims
- Confidence at record high in Philippines
- New team of Taiwanese investigators expected in PHL to probe fishermans death